How to receive your 2021 Universal Bus Pass (U-Pass)
This year, COVID-19 health and safety regulations have changed how we will distribute U-Pass stickers:
- Anyone applying for a new student card through the Brock Card Office will receive their bus sticker at the time of pickup. Apply for a new student card through the Brock online portal.
- Students residing on-campus will receive their bus pass sticker when they collect their keys.
- If you already have a Brock student card, you will be able to pick up a U-Pass sticker on campus. Sept. 7 to Sept. 17 (on weekdays), 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. visit our U-Pass tent set up between BUSU and Goodman School of Business to receive your sticker.
Can I opt out of U-Pass?
U-Pass is provided by ancillary fees, which were voted on by student referendum, so students can not normally opt out. however, as some student need to study from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, you can opt out if you are studying 100 per cent online. Opt out deadline is Friday Sept. 24 2021, and you can request to opt out by emailing [email protected].
Students registered in 1.5 or more credits are provided with a Universal Bus Pass (U-Pass). Your U-Pass, gives you access to St. Catharines, Thorold, Niagara Falls, Welland, Fort Erie, Pelham and the Niagara Regional Transit Systems.
U-Pass is effective from the first day of classes until the end of the academic year. There is no Universal Bus Pass from May 1st until August 31st (see spring/summer pass information below).
For more information on how to get to Brock and around the Niagara Region, please check out the resources at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about your U-Pass, please contact your Vice-President, Finance & Administration.
Discounted Spring/Summer Passes
While U-Pass is valid from September through April, we also partner with St. Catharines Transit to provide a special discount to anyone studying in either the Spring or Summer semesters.
There are two discounted options available to Brock students:
- Semester Pass, which is valid from May 1st to August 31st
- Spring/Summer Pass, which is valid from May 1st to July 15th
Please check back closer to May for discounted prices. Both passes are available from the St. Catharines Transit Commission at the locations below:
70 Carlisle Street
(Between King Street & St. Paul Street)
|Day||Hours of Purchase|
|Monday to Friday||7:00am – 7:00pm|
|Saturday||10:15am – 5:15pm|
|Sunday||10:15am – 5:15pm|
2012 First Street Louth
(Across from the St. Catharines Hospital)
|Day||Hours of Purchase|
|Monday to Friday||8:30am – 4:30pm|
Local Transit Information