Students enjoy a free hot breakfast during BUSU’s Hot Breakfast event. Hot Break runs once a month and gives students the opportunity to enjoy a free hot meal to help fuel them for the day. Hot breakfast returns Nov. 9 in Union Station as part of Wellness Week.
Each year, Brock University Students’ Union host Wellness Week, a chance for students to take a breather, and walk away from the stresses of university life. Wellness Week offers students activities and events, as well as access to resources to help maintain a healthy mental load in preparation for exam week.
“It is no secret that post-secondary students deal with mental health concerns at a higher rate than the average person,” said BUSU President, James Maxwell-Barillas. “Here at BUSU we pride ourselves on being able to help students year-round with engaging programming that relieves stress, and combats loneliness. Wellness Week is no different, aside from the added focus on our students' well-being, especially with exam season fast approaching."
This year, BUSU, Brock University Library and BrockSWAC, will host multiple events on campus.
The goal is to provide students with the best experience possible, and during Wellness Week this means opportunities to de-stress, kick back and have some fun. Check out the list of events happening Nov. 6 – 10 for Wellness Week.
- Nov. 6, Pottery Painting in Union Station Kick off Wellness Week and express your creativity with pottery! This class is designed to be creative all while having fun with your friends. Pottery will be provided by Crockadoodle. This is a limited seating event. Visit the BUSU website to secure your spot.
- Nov. 6, Wellness Fair Students will have the opportunity to drop in Union Station and visit with local vendors and partners while collecting free swag and wellness resources.
- Nov. 6 & 8, Library Yoga with Justine This event is hosted by Brock University Library. Librarian and yoga instructor Justine Cotton will guide you through a series of gentle poses and mindful breathing exercises, helping you let go of stress and calm your mind. Spots are limited. Visit the BUSU website to secure your spot.
- Nov. 7 & 8, Free Grab and Go Breakfast Available in Union Station from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. while supplies last. On your way to and from class, students can pop in and grab a free to go snack to help fuel them for the day.
- Nov. 7, Therapy Dogs This pop in event, hosted by Brock SWAC will take place in Pond Inlet. Students will be greeted by wagging tails and big smiles. Be sure to meet each dog and let them provide you with a sense of calm and compassion.
- Nov. 7, Mindful Folding; Origami for Beginners Take a break from your studies and join Amanda and Evelyn for some mindful folding over the lunch hour. This session by beginners for beginners is open to all skill levels.
- Nov. 8, Render This Film festival - BROCKTV’s very own film festival is BACK and stronger than ever! Join us Downtown St. Catharines and support your fellow Badgers, turned film makers at this event. Brock students can grab their free tickets on the BUSU website with code RENDERTHIS *Includes a free snack and drink voucher at event.
- Nov. 9, Karaoke at Isaac’s Grab your friends and join us Thursday night at Isaac's for all ages karaoke! This is a Wellness Week event you won't want to miss! Enjoy free pizza and pop, while supplies last. Plus, a chance to win over $300 in prizes.
- Nov. 9, Free Hot Breakfast Join us for a Free Hot Breakfast Sponsored by Student VIP. Enjoy a full free hot breakfast, pastries, juice, and fruit. Breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. and will take place in Union Station. *Please note Breakfast will run while supplies last
Wellness Week will run November 6 – 10 in various locations of the University. For more information, and to secure your spot for ticketed events, visit the BUSU Wellness Week website.