BUSU is pleased to announce the 2023-2024 student body representatives.
BUSU and Brock’s student elections, including BUSU’s Board of Directors, Brock University Senate, and Brock Press Board of Directors have come to an end, and we are pleased to announce the 2023-2024 student body representatives.
BUSU’s Board of Directors (1 year seat)
- 745 votes (11.2%) - Maggie Huang
- 730 votes (10.9%) - Leenah Shaikh
- 689 votes (10.3%) - Esrea Ibrahim
- 681 votes (10.2%) - Alex Swartzentruber
- 652 votes (9.8%) - Gabby Corriveau
- 612 votes (9.2%) - Madeha Nur
- 590 votes (8.8%) - Binoy Mahmud
- 560 votes (8.4%) - Charlie Martin
BUSU’s Board of Directors (2 year seat)
These seats were acclaimed. Each candidate had a yes/no ballot question.
- 1052 voted yes (81.1%) - Hinkal Patel
- 920 voted yes (75%) - Ritik Mistry
- 1219 voted yes (88.4%) - Brielly Kaminsky
- 980 voted yes (78.9%) - Rajat Agrawal
Brock University Senate
- 868 votes (33.3%) - Nabiha Ghafoor
- 826 votes (31.7%) - Mark Chrabalowski
- 485 votes (18.6%) - Mohammed Isam Shaikh
Brock Press Board of Director
This seat was acclaimed. The candidate had a yes/no ballot question.
- 1156 voted yes (86.6%) - Katie Miller
The new BUSU Board of Directors will begin their term May 1 with new Senators beginning their term in June. Each board will meet one to two times per month. Minutes from each meeting will be linked on the BUSU website Governance page.
The ballot also included a referendum regarding changes to the terms of our new student centre levy. Unfortunately, the referendum did not reach a quorum of 14% voter turnout. Therefore, the referendum is invalid, and no action will be taken at this time.
Additionally, Goodman School of Business students were also asked to vote on changes to Business Students Association levy. Goodman also did not reach a quorum of 14% and the referendum was also invalid, and no action will be taken.
With elections completed you can read more about your new BUSU Board of Directors on our Governance page, provide ideas to improve your student experience via the Have Your Say page on our site, and engage with BUSU on Instagram @BrockBUSU.
Thank you to everyone who voted!