Monday January 5th marked the opening of the 2015 BUSU Executive & Director nominations.
The positions available are:
– BUSU President, VP External Affairs, VP Finance & Administration, VP Student Services, BUSU Director of the Board and Brock Press Director of the Board.
The BUSU Executive positions are full-time jobs overseeing a variety of areas. Some of the bullet points for the portfolio are:
- Spokesperson for BUSU
- Tasked with overseeing the vision, mission and principles of BUSU
- Moving the organization forward on a number of high level projects
- Working with University Admin on a number of committees and projects to offer students needs and perspectives
VP External Affairs
- Serve as BUSU’s chief lobbyist at OUSA & CASA (provincial and federal lobby organizations)
- Oversee the BUSU Advocacy Department which works to bring attention and changes to student issues such as debt, accessibility, student rights and policies
- Set and align BUSU’s lobby priorities to external partners and stakeholders of BUSU
- Set and align BUSU’s research efforts to help better the lives of students at Brock and students in PSE
VP Student Services:
- Oversee BUSU’s 90+ clubs and student groups on-campus
- Oversee the creative aspects of O-Week, Frost Week, Wellness Week and other large/small scale events and opportunities for students
- Oversee the volunteer aspect of BUSU including opportunities and utilization
- Seek out new/improved services for students offered by BUSU or other Brock providers
VP Finance & Administration:
- Oversee the Transit portfolio for BUSU
- Oversee the Financial accountability and transparency of BUSU, with the General Manager
- Serve as BUSU’s executive rep on the University Senate
- Worked to forged beneficial partnerships for BUSU and students
Director of the Board:
- Serve on the BUSU Board of Directors
- Work to ensure the legal, fiscal and policy obligations of BUSU are being maintained and advanced.
- Oversee approvals of contracts, financial projects and human resource needs of BUSU
- Serve on various committees that work with the Executive and BUSAC.
These are just some of the bullet points for the positions. BUSU is asking that any interested candidates reach out to the current Executive or to the Full-Time staff at BUSU. They would happy to give you information on the inner working of the organization and help you get a better understanding of what the respective role entails
Below are the important dates for anyone interesting in running for one of the positions:
|Nominations Open||Monday January 5th, 2015 at 9:00 am (available at the BUSU Reception Desk)|
|Nominations Close||Wednesday January 21st, 2015 at 4:30 pm (due at the BUSU Reception Desk)|
|All Candidates Meeting||Wednesday January 21st, 2015 at 6:00 pm in BUSU TR Room|
|Prep Week||Monday January 26th – Friday January 30th|
|Campaigning Commences||Monday February 2nd, 2015 at 9:00 am|
|Voting Days||Tuesday February 10th, Wednesday February 11th & Thursday February 12th|
|Results Announcement||Thursday February 12th at 9:30 pm in Isaac’s Bar and Grill|
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Elections team at [email protected] We will be holding a number of information sessions leading up to and during the election period. We wish you the best of luck and please do reach out to us.