Memorandum of Understanding:
"Do you support the changes to the BUSU constitution as outlined in Appendix 1?"
Download Appendix 1 (Amended Constitution)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is BUSU running this constitutional referendum?
The Brock University Students’ Union is running this referendum to be compliant with the Ontario Corporations Act.
2. What are some of the major changes in the new constitution?
The Officers of the Corporations be accountable to the Board of Directors, and not to BUSAC.
Provides the Board of Directors with the power to make, amend and repeal By-laws, and requires all changes to be submitted to the membership for approval at the next annual meeting.
Deletion of Article XVI “Legislative Hierarchy".
3. How do I vote?
You will receive an e-mail on your brocku account with a link to the ballot on November 5th .
4. When do I vote?
Voting days are November 5, 6 and 7.
5. What will be the status of BUSAC after a successful constitutional referendum?
- BUSAC shall have such responsibility for the conduct of the work of the Corporation as may be delegated to it by the Board
- Represent the needs and concerns of their constituents.
- Provide political direction and external priorities for the organization.
- Review and approve capital expenditures, club expenditure requests, and audited financial statements.
- Set election, referendum, and general meeting dates.
- Ratify election and referendum results.
- Review the approved budget as passed by the Board of Directors.
- Fill temporary seats on the Board of Directors.