Social Media Community Use Policy
We welcome you to connect with us, and each other, on our social media pages, and we encourage the posting of comments, shares, discussion, and debate. However, please read the following guidelines for appropriate behaviour on our social media accounts.
BUSU will not allow:
- The use of profane, obscene, foul, or inappropriate language.
- Swear words disguised by deliberate misspelling. This includes the use of emojis.
- Discriminatory comments against or be intolerant of race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or age, physical or mental disability or any other status.
- Comments that are defamatory, disrespectful, or insulting to BUSU staff, Brock students, other organizations, or other individuals.
- Information or links to inappropriate, offensive, or illegal material.
- Information about illegal activity or encouraging illegal activity.
- Information promoting self-harm, suicide, violence, or criminal activity of any kind.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Personal information, such as home address, phone number, etc.
- Personal information about another participant.
- Insulting or harassing comments directed at other participants.
- Comments made to intentionally incite annoyance or offense.
BUSU will not respond to participants whose posts or comments do not comply with the above guidelines. Failure to follow guidelines could result in the responsible account holder being blocked from BUSU social media accounts.
We encourage students, staff, and community members to:
- Respect the views of other participants.
- Disagree with other participants. We encourage debate when the dialogue is respectful and constructive.
- Keep discussions focused on issues rather than personal feelings.
- Respect our efforts to keep our social media pages safe. We want everyone to feel welcome on our social media sites and comfortable having their say.
Please contact us if you feel someone is not following our Social Media Community Guidelines.
BUSU will make every effort to respond to concerns and questions as quickly as possible. At times, we may request to take the discussion offline for several reasons, including but not limited to:
- privacy concerns
- the amount of detail required to resolve a situation
- putting you in contact with the staff member at BUSU who can most effectively address your question.
Information, comments, images, and links posted by third parties do not necessarily represent the views of BUSU.
Posts, likes, shares and links from BUSU to other social media accounts, contents and websites does not necessarily imply an endorsement, sponsorship or partnership with BUSU.
BUSU may modify Social Media Community Use Policy from time to time. Revised guidelines advising of any changes will be posted.